Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas

Christmas Eve tomorrow.  How quickly that came round again.




I have done all the shopping.....I think! :)

The snow is still laying around as the temperature is still under freezing and too low for it to melt.  Just as long as we don't have any more.

Off to my parents' tonight for a drink at theirs for their Diamond Wedding Anniversary - 60th!
Will be nice to be together with my brother and his wife and the children.  Although all our children are 16-23 now!

Mum & Dad were married at the church in Leytonstone, East London in 1950.  All the bridesmaids wore cherry red velvet dresses and it was snowing.   What a picture that must've made.   I think I will ask them to get their wedding album out tonight! :)

I remember asking mum why I wasn't a bridesmaid!  Nowadays that wouldn't be such a funny question!

I will take Lewis for a walk in the snow on Christmas day across the fields.   Every year since I can remember I have always looked across fields and thought of the fact that while we are all rushing about like idiots, the foxes, rabbits and deer have absolutely no idea it is any different day than usual!!

However, to those of you who have received a card, here is another set of best wishes, and for those I speak to on Facebook, Talk Photography Forum etc, I wish you and your families all the very best of happiness and health for Christmas and the New Year.

Janice, Roger, Thomas & Adam xxx

1 comment:

  1. please pass on my congratulations to your mum and dad, for a wonderful achievement, if rog and I stay married that long I'll be 100!!!
    happy new year to you all.
    xx

    ReplyDelete