Monday 29 November 2010

Goodness, it has been a month since my last post... how remiss is that!!!

It is f-f-f-freezing here at the moment, -4C but still no snow, although other parts of the country are chin-deep in it.

I was watching Countryfile on the BBC last night and there was an item about medlar trees and their fruits.
I was particularly interested as there are not many around these days and we have 2 of the trees in our garden and the house is named The Medlars, as I believe I mentioned in an earlier blog.

The whole garden used to be full of them and also an orchard that was originally joined to the house and is now an estate called Medlars Mead.

Now I know how to make Medlar Jelly by adding sugar, cooking and straining I will try to make a jarful  with what is left on the tree.



I had lots of work last week which is good, every day.     Not sure what this week will entail though.. it is so fickle just depending on orders which may or may not come.

I have some wedding photography to do in March in Saffron Walden which I am looking forward to as I haven't done one for a while now.
It is quite a bit of pressure but once the day gets underway, I always find it fun. :)


 

1 comment:

  1. great to hear you had some work last week, just hope that if you get some this week its not to somewhere too snowy!
    medlar jelly sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete